At Great Gadesden we have worked hard to ensure that pupils are provided access to IT which prepares them for life within a twenty first century society.
All pupils from early-years upwards have regular opportunities to access a range of different equipment and software. We know that the children love getting creative with the technology provided to them and we love seeing what they come up with!
We take E-Safety very seriously at Great Gaddesden as we want all children to understand how to use technology safely both inside and outside school.
Please remember that school equipment is regularly monitored by staff and govenors and any inappropriate use will be flagged to parents/carers in the first instance as in line with our e-safety policy.
Please take a moment to remind yourself of our school internet code.
The Internet Code
- ask permission before using the Internet.
- will not deliberately look for, save or send anything that could be unpleasant or inappropriate.
- Only create content, including photos/videos, that I would be happy for others to see.
- will turn off my monitor/tablet and tell my teacher immediately if I accidentally find anything I feel uncomfortable with.
- will only e-mail people an adult has approved using a school email account.
- will only send e-mails that are polite, friendly and responsible.
- will not open e-mails sent by anyone I don’t know.
- will not give out my own details such as my name, phone number or home address.
- will never arrange to meet anyone I don’t know.
- will not use Internet chat rooms or other forms of social media whilst in school
- will be responsible for my behaviour when using ICT because I know that these rules are to keep me safe.
- I know that my use of ICT can be checked and that my parent/carer will be contacted if a member of school staff is concerned about my e-Safety.