Sports Premium Funding
As a legacy to the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the government are providing primary schools with funding to improve provision of Physical Education (P.E.) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport will be ring-fenced for Physical Education.
For the academic year 2019/20, the school has been allocated £16 900
See the 'Sports Premium Funding overview' below for detailed allocation, spend and the positive impact it has made for our pupils.
A summary of the impact this funding has made, includes:
- Increase in pupils’ participation in competitive sport opportunities
- Developing the range of After School Sports Clubs
- Introduction of lunchtime clubs
- Membership of Dacorum School Sports Network, allowing access to a range of sporting competitions within the Dacorum
- Swimming for Key Stage 2
- Play-leader training/resources.
- Annual sports day