As a legacy to the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the government are providing primary schools with funding to improve provision of Physical Education (P.E.) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport will be ring-fenced for Physical Education.
For the academic year 2018/2019, the school has been allocated £16 900
See the 'Sports Premium Funding 2018-19 Information' attachment below for detailed allocation, spend and impact.
A summary of the impact made includes:
- Increase in pupils’ participation in competitive sport opportunities .
- Developing our range of After School Sports Clubs (tennis, basketball, dodgeball, football, scooters, etc.)
- Provision of After school Sports clubs.
- Provision of 'WOW' workshops for all children with external professionals, offering opportunities to participate in a wide selection of sports/physical activity.
- Continuation of membership in the Dacorum School Sports Network, allowing access to a range of sporting competitions within the local community.
- Swimming instruction for all of Key Stage 2
- Play-leader training/resources.
- to host the annual Intervillage Sports Competition
- Winner of the 2018/19 Watford Penalty Shoot Out competition
In addition to this, we participate in a range of competitions including:
- Village football league for pupils in Years 5 & 6.
- Village netball tournaments for pupils in Years 5 & 6.
- Village rounders tournament for pupils in Years 5 & 6.
- District Athletics for pupils in Years 5 & 6.
- DSSN competitions for pupils in all year groups.
- Termly inter-house competitions for pupils in Years 3 - 6 led by our house-captains.
- Termly inter-house competitions for pupils in Years 1 & 2 led by our house-captains.
The impact of our spending to-date has included:
- Sainsbury’s Kite Mark Award (Silver).
- Runners-up at annual Inter-Village Sports Event.
- Year 5 & 6 Inter-School Village Football League (3rd Place).
- All children from Reception – Year 6 participating in competitive sport.
- All children in Years 3 – 6 participate in quality swimming lessons at Berkhamsted School.
- All children in Years 5 & 6 regularly play-leading sessions.